- Develop a dynamic future for the insurance industry and Independent Agents.
- Attract young people into the Independent Insurance Agency Industry.
- Promote Involvement in the IIABL and develop leadership for the future.
- Foster education and professionalism for Young Agents.
- Help Young Agents establish contacts and sources of information with company representatives and fellow agents.
- Perpetuate the Independent American Agency system.
About the Young Agents Committee
The Young Agents Committee was formed in order to actively encourage Young Agents state-wide to:
- Take advantage of the opportunity to develop closer relationships with fellow Young Agents throughout Louisiana.
- Keep informed of changes in the insurance industry and learn how to implement these changes in our overall Independent Agency System.
- Networking with insurance company executives and other insurance professionals.
- Enhance the image of Independent Agents and the Independent Agency Systems.
- Participate in Young Agent activities and to encourage active involvement in the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of Louisiana.
Young Agent Committee Events
Young Agents Committee meetings provide the opportunity for Young Agents from around the state to get together and exchange ideas, visit with company representatives and learn about current trends in the insurance industry.
Annual Events Include:
- Young Agents Spring Event
- Louisiana & Mississippi Joint Conference
Who Can Be A Young Agent?
You are eligible to be a Young Agent if you are under 45 and you are one of the following and whose company is a member in good standing (agency, branch, or associate) of IIABL:
- Licensed agent
- Account Executive
- Company Representative
Young Agents Committee Leadership
Krystal Gathe, Chairman
HUB International Gulf South Ltd.
Kristin Swanson, Chairman
Swanson & Associates
Perkins-McKenzie Insurance Agency, Inc.
Download the interest form
Let's Get Social!Upcoming events
IIABL Young Agents Crawfish Boil
Thursday, Apri 20, 2023 from 4-7pm
Lakeside Daiquiri & Grill
Online Registration Coming soon!
IIABA YAC State Discussion: Giving Back & Awards Prep
Wednesday, May 3 at 2:00pm EST
IIABA YAC State Discussion: 10 Things You Won’t Want to Miss at YALI 2023
Wednesday, June 21 at 2:00pm EST
IIABA YAC State Discussion: Let’s Talk Meetings
Wednesday, August 9 at 2:00pm EST
IIABL & IIAM Young Agents Conference
August 24-26, 2023
Beau Rivage, Biloxi, MS